aBeLOG: fortnightly thoughts on homiletics | More →
Steven Lawson: And this is How I Preach …
[Steven Lawson is President and founder of OnePassion Ministries, equipping preachers to usher in a new reformation in the church. He is passionate about preaching, having served as pastor for over three decades in Arkansas and Alabama, most recently at Christ Fellowship Baptist Church in Mobile. Speaker, author, teacher, itinerant minister, and, yes, a Dallas Seminary grad. He is one who has thought a lot about preaching
Remaining in the will of God ensures protection from potential consequences of sin even in one’s own camp.
Jacob had been asked by God to “arise,” “leave,” and “return” to his homeland (31:13); and here he begins the long act of obedience (31:17–18). In the statement about “all the property he had gathered,” there is an echo of his grandfather’s migration from Haran to Canaan: he too collected “all the property he had gathered” (12:5), as he set
RaMbLeS: weekly musings on life and Scripture | More →
One of the biggest changes in the smartphone universe is the absence of a headphone jack on Apple’s latest iteration of their communications device, the iPhone 7.
But help is on the way for the desperate.
YouTuber TechRax uploaded a How To video the other day:
Wassup guys! TechRax here. So lot of people have been complaining recently that the new iPhone 7 lacks the headphone jack, something that’s been on every generation model iPhone. It’s not there any more. … So
What with the election around the corner and all ….
A recent study has found that 21% of corporate executives are psychopaths. About the same rate as among those inhabiting our prisons.
psy●cho●path (sìke-pàth’) noun = A person with an antisocial personality disorder, especially one manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior.
Clinically significant levels of psychopathic traits were found in one in five of 261 senior professionals in the United
That’s the Areopagus in the middle, that prominent outcropping of rock, as seen from the Acropolis in Athens. “Areopagus” means the “Ares Rock,” Ares being one of the sons of Zeus who was apparently tried for murder on this rugged crag. Thus the place used to be a sort of court where certain crimes, homicide, particularly, were tried.
Later, the Romans called it “Mars Hill,” after the Roman god of war, Mars.
Paul delivered a sermon on this piece of real estate
Book Reviews | More
Sermon Videos | More
Speaking Schedule | More
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- October 19, 2016 Shepherds National Church Leaders’ Conference, Colonial Baptist Church, Cary, North Carolina
- November 16, 2016 Evangelical Theological Society, San Antonio, Texas
- March 24−26, 2017 Dallas Seminary President's Weekend, T Bar M Ranch, New Braunfels, Texas
Past Speaking Engagements
- September 6, 2016 Chafer Chapel, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- August 25, 2016 New Student Orientation, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- August 7 & 14, 2016 Stonebriar Community Church, Frisco, Texas
- July 10, 17, 24, & 31, 2016 Northwest Bible Church, Dallas, Texas
- July 25−30, 2016 Dallas Seminary Conference, Mt. Hermon, California
- June 12, 2016 Colonial Baptist Church, Cary, North Carolina
- June 5, 2016 The Chapel in the Oaks, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- March 27, 2016 Crystal Church of Dallas, Carrollton, Texas
- March 12, 2016 Plenary Lecture, Midwest Regional Conference, Evangelical Theological Society, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- February 14, 2016 Crossway Marthoma Church, Richardson, Texas
- January 7, 2016 New Student Orientation, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- November 7, 2015 Keynote Presentation, Faculty & Students Gathering, Dallas Theological Seminary–Houston, Houston, Texas
- October 21, 2015 Shepherds National Church Leaders’ Conference, Colonial Baptist Church, Cary, North Carolina
- October 6−8, 2015 Northcutt Lectures on Preaching, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas