aBeLOG: fortnightly thoughts on homiletics | More →
Ramesh Richard: And this is How I Preach …
[Ramesh is one of my senior colleagues at Dallas Theological Seminary (and was one of my teachers, I might add). A solid thinker and writer on matters of preaching, hermeneutics, and apologetics, he is also the president of Ramesh Richard Evangelism and Church Health (RREACH), a global proclamation ministry with significant impact among leaders and pastors in many continents—the
The complications of past sin do not preclude God’s work and his blessing, though sin may incur discipline.
The wife/sister episode with which Genesis 20 begins is similar to the incident in Genesis 12. Abraham seeks recourse in deception—again!—to save his own skin (20:11). Even after the two-fold promise that Isaac would be born to Abraham and Sarah (17:16; 18:10–14), Sarah is given away… into the harem of a local ruler. Abraham’s conduct is reprehensible
Scott Wenig: And this is How I Preach …
[Scott, like several of those portrayed in this series, is a fellow Evangelical Homiletics Society (EHS) member, and a fellow teacher of preaching (at Denver Seminary). Thoughtful scholar on all matters homiletical and pastoral, he brings to the pulpit a wealth of experience in leading churches. He has been at Denver for over two decades, and including this stint has been pastoring both in full-time and interim capacities for the
RaMbLeS: weekly musings on life and Scripture | More →
Everybody should have a Jim Klubnik in their lives.
I did. He was my first pastor, in more sense than one. Not only did he serve as the pastor of the church I first attended when I came to the U.S. about thirty years ago, he was, indeed, my first shepherd, leading me to finding my niche in life and ministry.
Jim went to be with the Lord earlier last week.
He was a Dallas Seminary grad, and the first one to get me interested in studying the Bible. He pushed me—against my
To them I will give in My house and within My walls a memorial,
And a name better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them an everlasting name which will not be cut off.
In the Hebrew, “a memorial and a name” reads yad vashem, literally “a hand and a name.” It indicates a divine intention to establish a means of remembrance for those eunuchs who would, otherwise, have no one to carry their names after their deaths. But the Lord
They think he was high. Stoned. William Shakespeare (1564?–1616).
That’s what they claim in “Shakespeare, Plants, and Chemical Analysis of Early 17th-century Clay ‘Tobacco’ Pipes from Europe,” published recently in the South African Journal of Science, by Francis Thackeray and his cohorts (including a police inspector from a narcotics lab).
Sir Francis Drake and Sir Walter Raleigh introduced tobacco into Elizabethan England in the days of Shakespeare. However
Book Reviews | More
Sermon Videos | More
Speaking Schedule | More
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- September 18−20, 2015 Chinese Independent Baptist Church Camp, Mt. Hermon, California
- October 6−8, 2015 Northcutt Lectures on Preaching, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
- October 21, 2015 Shepherds National Church Leaders' Conference, Colonial Baptist Church, Cary, North Carolina
- June 12, 2016 Colonial Baptist Church, Cary, North Carolina
Past Speaking Engagements
- August 20, 2015 New Student Orientation, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- August 9 & 16, 2015 Stonebriar Community Church, Frisco, Texas
- July 5, 12, 19, & 26, 2015 Northwest Bible Church, Dallas, Texas
- April 19, 2015 Faith Bible Church, Edmond, Oklahoma
- March 4, 2015 Ockenga Lectures on Preaching, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, South Hamilton, Massachusetts
- February 3−6, 2015 Griffith Thomas Lectures, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- January 25, 2015 Crossroads Baptist Church, Woodlands, Texas
- December 7, 2014 Bayside Community Church, Tampa, Florida
- November 19−21, 2014 Presentations, Annual Meeting, Evangelical Theological Society, San Diego, California
- October 9−11, 2014 Plenary Lectures, Annual Meeting, Evangelical Homiletics Society, Chicago, Illinois
- October 7−9, 2014 Rom Lectures on Preaching, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, Illinois