aBeLOG: fortnightly thoughts on homiletics | More →
For those interested in some of the esoterics (!) of preaching, here are two recent articles (as downloadable pdfs) published in Dallas Seminary’s journal, Bibliotheca Sacra.
(Two more articles to follow in subsequent issues of BibSac.)
These articles are derived from the Griffith-Thomas Lectures (2015) delivered at Dallas Seminary. For videos of these, see here.
RaMbLeS: weekly musings on life and Scripture | More →
If you commit a crime, don’t leave your DNA behind.
That’s the word from PLOS Genetics that recently published “Modeling 3D Facial Shape from DNA,” by a group of researchers from Belgium, Ireland, Portugal, Brazil, Australia, and the US.
Said the authors:
The face is perhaps the most inherently fascinating and aesthetic feature of the human body. It is a principle subject of art throughout human history and across cultures and populations. It provides the most significant
The other day, a guy got arrested for—get this!—“impersonating Jesus Christ.”
Ilya Novikov, 23, an artist and a filmmaker, was behind the stunt in Perm (Central Russia, near the Ural Mountains).
A video made by an eyewitness showed the bearded Novikov in long, flowing white robes, making his way down the road carrying a huge T-shaped wooden cross on his back. Motorists and pedestrians screamed insults at the Jesus-impersonator. The police was summoned, fearing Novikov
Sean Connery is best known for portraying 007, in seven James Bond movies. He has won an Academy Award, three Golden Globes, the Lifetime Acheivement Award from the American Film Institute, he’s been knighted by Queen Elizabeth, and was voted by People magazine as the Sexiest Man of the Century, when he was 69 years old! [There’s hope for us old people!]
Several years ago, when he was 62, before he retired at 76 (and he’s now 85), Connery was asked in an interview
Book Reviews | More
Sermon Videos | More
Speaking Schedule | More
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- September 6, 2016 Chafer Chapel, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- October 19, 2016 Shepherds National Church Leaders’ Conference, Colonial Baptist Church, Cary, North Carolina
- March 24−26, 2017 Dallas Seminary President's Weekend, T Bar M Ranch, New Braunfels, Texas
Past Speaking Engagements
- August 25, 2016 New Student Orientation, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- August 7 & 14, 2016 Stonebriar Community Church, Frisco, Texas
- July 10, 17, 24, & 31, 2016 Northwest Bible Church, Dallas, Texas
- July 25−30, 2016 Dallas Seminary Conference, Mt. Hermon, California
- June 12, 2016 Colonial Baptist Church, Cary, North Carolina
- June 5, 2016 The Chapel in the Oaks, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- March 27, 2016 Crystal Church of Dallas, Carrollton, Texas
- March 12, 2016 Plenary Lecture, Midwest Regional Conference, Evangelical Theological Society, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- February 14, 2016 Crossway Marthoma Church, Richardson, Texas
- January 7, 2016 New Student Orientation, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas, Texas
- November 7, 2015 Keynote Presentation, Faculty & Students Gathering, Dallas Theological Seminary–Houston, Houston, Texas
- October 21, 2015 Shepherds National Church Leaders’ Conference, Colonial Baptist Church, Cary, North Carolina
- October 6−8, 2015 Northcutt Lectures on Preaching, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas
- September 18−20, 2015 Chinese Independent Baptist Church Camp, Mt. Hermon, California